The following consular services are provided also to non-Hungarian citizens
- legalisation of signatures
- certification of copies
- certification of translations
- certificate of good character
- registration for online account for government services
- Simplified naturalisation
This procedure applies if you or your ascendants used to be Hungarian citizen(s) and you speak Hungarian fluently.
- Registration of birth/death
This procedure is necessary if a Hungarian citizen was born/died abroad. This fact should be registered in Hungary.
- Registration of marriage or divorce
If a Hungarian citizen got married abroad the marriage should be registered by the Hungarian authorities. Divorce should also be registered in Hungary similar to the registration of marriage.
- Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity
In case the parents were not married when the child was born a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity is necessary. This applies if one of the parents is a Hungarian citizen.
- Registration of marriage + registration of birth + passport application
If a child was born in a marriage solemnized abroad and neither the marriage nor the birth have been registered in Hungary, registration of the marriage, registration of the birth and the passport for the child may be applied together within the same procedure. This applies if one of the parents is a Hungarian citizen.
- Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity + registration of birth + passport application
In case the parents were not married when the child was born abroad a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity is necessary and it can be applied for together with registration of the birth and the passport for the child. This applies if one of the parents is a Hungarian citizen.
- Residence permit
Third country nationals intending to stay more than 3 months in Hungary may apply for a residence permit. For further information please visit following website: www.bmbah.hu
- Please note that in most of the cases the Consulate only receives the applications and forward them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore the Consulate cannot accelerate the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
- You will be informed about the outcome of the procedure via email, phone or by post.